Wednesday, 19 July 2006
This is another slightly different version of 'Lalie Rose' I made for my eldest daughter. Above is a golly and mammy I made for a swap. The golly was adapted from 'Luther Golly' in a Homespun Cloth Doll and Bear mag and the mammy was from my pattern I used for the raggedies in an earlier post.
Saturday, 15 July 2006
Tuesday, 11 July 2006
This is bushland near Crow's Nest in Queensland. I love the xanthorroea's (speargrass, grass tree, Goonangurra), they do send up a tall spike of creamy white honey-scented flowers that birds go mad for, but I read somewhere they usually do that after a bushfire has gone through.
Thought it was about time I posted something. I've been very slack lately.
The picture above is of a Christmas Ornament I made for a recent swap I took part in. I'm sorry about the picture quality - this pic was the best of a very bad lot-and even IT is a little blurred.The flower is an SRE poinsettia stiched with ribbon stitch petals and lazy daisy leaves. The centre of the flower is french knots. The year was chain stitched with gold thread. Below
the flower is some beaded ribbon,to the left beaded sequins, a zigzag of bugle beads top right and beaded lace top left.